Plants mosquitoes don't like:
- Lemon Balm
- Lemon Thyme
Some additional tips!
- You can spray your yard with Mosquito Barrier which is made of Garlic or Listerine which is mainly alcohol and Eucalyptus, this may have to be done a few times each season to be effective.
- Keep your grass short and remove and stagnant, sitting water.
- Protect yourself by wearing light colored clothing to look less like a moose or bear, and wearing repellent of your choice.
- You can also wear DIY essential oil infused bracelets or a store bought brand such as OFF!.
- Tiki torches and citronella candles are great temporary fixes but there are more permanent solutions such as Mosquito Magnet using a propane tank.
- Add a few drops of tea tree or lavender essential oil to your shampoo and conditioner, this helps keep lice away as well.
- Become a goldfish to live underwater and eat those bloodsuckers for breakfast!